IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. It’s one of the renowned language proficiency tests required for studies abroad. In this article, we provide the most important tips to get the desired score in IELTS.
- Enhance Vocabulary: While a new student starts learning English, first ask them to put words in proper syntax as much as possible. When you are exposed to more words, your vocabulary will get better. When you are reading, give attention to words, highlight and underline the words you don’t know. You need to find out the meanings of these words and practice using them in daily life. Research shows if you want to learn English fluently, repeat it 10 to 20 times to make a word part of your daily speech.
- Reading Section: Reading Section in IELTS appraise students’ reading skills. Reading passages for IELTS Academic and general test is different. To improve reading skills read extensively. First, you need to practice short articles, a paragraph then after some time, shift to long essays, stories and make notes while reading, repeat this exercise every day.
- Enhance Writing skills: Students, who need to enhance their writing skills, first need to start reading sample essays and always write important points that play an important role in essay structure.
Practice writing essay – When you start practicing writing essays, please keep these points always in your mind. While you choose any topic to write, first write down all points that come to your mind. After that candidate needs to be clear about the direction they want to write an essay in.
Grammar Practice – Candidate needs to practice grammar, it helps you make an essay error-free sans proof-reading.
- Exercise Fluency and pronunciation for enhance speaking – The speaking section in IELTS is divided into three parts, structured interview, a short take and free interview. While you practice speaking it’s important to do this with a professional teacher, but if it’s difficult to attend regular classes, there are many options to enhance your speaking at home. The best idea is to record yourself. After that, listen to yourself and find out errors. Doing it in front of the mirror will take you a bit closer to the IELTS speaking room simulation.
- Enhance Listening Skills: If you want to enhance your listening, you can listen to daily news in the morning and write them. You can also use other recordings for practice, remember while you are participating, try not to pause the recordings. After that write-down and check your errors.
These tips will help you to prepare for the IELTS exam. But your success rate depends upon your practice.